Nicole is the most recent to join our team in 2015 and became a Certified Veterinary Technician after graduating from Madison Area Technical College in 2016. If you have questions about preventative care or Petly Plans, Nicole is your technician to ask! She has provided us with her fun answers to the technician questionnaire:
1. If you could have an animal super “power” what would it be? (i.e super smell, eyesight, fly, swim, etc) Why?
I would like cat vision so I could see well in the dark. I am always stubbing my toes at night.
2. You know you are a vet tech when………your own pets all have a different medical condition and you can’t go 2 weeks in between your own animal’s vet visits.
3. What is one area or skill you wish was covered more at school in the Veterinary Technician Program?
I wish school would cover more about microscopic skills.
4. What is your favorite thing about working at CHPH?
The high standard of care and the compassion each staff member puts into their job.
5. You get to do one technician duty, every day all day, what are you doing?
Wellness visits- I believe “prevention is the best medicine.” Whether it is home dental care, vaccines, heartworm/flea/tick medications, or routine tests; that is where my passion lies.
6. What is the best pet product available on the market? How about the worst?
The best product is Feliway.
The worst is over the counter aspirin- It can cause multiple health issues and can even prevent us from using other pain medications for your pet.
7. Do you have a favorite pet tv commercial? How about pet movie?
I like the Budweiser commercial with the sad dog waiting for his owner to get home. Homeward bound is also my favorite pet movie.
8. What’s the funniest thing you’ve seen a pet do at the clinic?
Pets that give hugs always make me smile, cat and dog alike.
9. If you could pick any animal for a pet, what would it be? Why?
I like my traditional cat and dog pets. They have been domesticated to be appropriate companions.
10. What’s the most embarrassing thing you’ve done or said in front of a client?
I once choked on my own saliva when talking to a client.
11. If you could eat one thing for the rest of your life, what is it?
12. Describe one thing you wish pet parents would or wouldn’t do in the exam room.
I wish clients would allow us to handle their pet alone. It is for everyone’s safety.
13. What is your favorite activity to do with your pet?
My cats are both very old so they are mainly couch potatoes. I do however enjoy hiking with my family/friend’s dogs.
Thank you for all your hard work Nicole!