Marina has been at Country Hills Pet Hospital since 2008 and graduated from Moraine Park Technical College in 2010 as a Certified Veterinary Technician. Earlier this year, Marina completed an Ultrasound and Echocardiograph program from the Academy of Veterinary Imaging in Texas. If your pet needs diagnostic imaging, she’s your technician! She has provided us with her answers to the following questionnaire questions:
1. If you could have an animal super “power” what would it be? (i.e super smell, eyesight, fly, swim, etc) Why?
I think it would be fun to fly and a useful way to travel.
2. You know you are a vet tech when………you cuddle puppies and get bit by a cat in the same day.
3. What is one area or skill you wish was covered more at school in the Veterinary Technician Program?
I wish there was more information about animal behavior.
4. What is your favorite thing about working at CHPH?
There’s always a variety of things to do and never a dull moment!
5. You get to do one technician duty, every day all day, what are you doing?
Drawing blood from pets
6. What is the best pet product available on the market? How about the worst?
Kong toys are the best pet product while natural remedies like flea/tick oils are the worst.
7. Do you have a favorite pet tv commercial? How about pet movie?
I enjoy watching Homeward Bound but I do not have a favorite tv commercial.
8. What’s the funniest thing you’ve seen a pet do at the clinic?
It’s funny when you hear a tiny meow or bark come out of a pet that doesn’t match how they look like they would sound.
9. If you could pick any animal for a pet, what would it be? Why?
A Loris (small primate species) because they are adorable!
10. What’s the most embarrassing thing you’ve done or said in front of a client?
I couldn’t stop coughing during an appointment and had to leave the room because of it.
11. If you could eat one thing for the rest of your life, what is it?
12. Describe one thing you wish pet parents would or wouldn’t do in the exam room.
Please do not make kissy faces at your pet throughout the exam.
13. What is your favorite activity to do with your pet?
I love to snuggle and nap with my pets!
Thank you for all your hard work Marina!